Welcome to the Guidance and Counseling site! My name is Sophie Legenzoff and I am the full-time school counselor at Wild Horse Elementary School. Julie Cooper serves as our part-time counselor and is with us one day a week. Mrs. Cooper also speaks Spanish. This site was designed to provide you with information regarding our school counseling program and services.
All students will be valued and provided results-based instruction in the areas of Career, Academic, and Personal Social Development, through a comprehensive guidance program, as they acquire skills, abilities and attitudes that empower them to be lifelong contributing members of society.
Our guidance and counseling program includes:
- CURRICULUM consists of classroom lessons and large group presentations.
- INDIVIDUAL PLANNING consists of activities that help all students plan, monitor, and manage their own learning as well as their personal and career development.
- RESPONSIVE SERVICES consists of activities to meet the immediate needs and concerns of students.
- SYSTEM SUPPORT consists of management activities that establish, maintain, and enhance the total guidance program.
What Does a Counselor Do?
- Provide short-term individual counseling
- Facilitate small group counseling
- Facilitate referrals to Rockwood's Gifted Program
- Coordinate CARE TEAM meetings
- Facilitate referrals for Special Education (Special School District)
- Teach guidance lessons in all classrooms
- Conference with teachers and parents
- Interpret individual student test results
Appointments can be made in many ways.
- A student may request an appointment
- A teacher may request an appointment for a student
- A parent may request an appointment for a student
- An administrator may request an appointment for a student
Counselors can be a valuable resource for students, teachers, and parents. You may e-mail our counselor, or select a topic here for more information.